All you need to know about Bhopal-
Bhopal- the capital of Madhya Pradesh, is very well known as the ‘City of Lakes’. This place gives you chills not only because of its picturesque beauty but also its mouth-watering food. With the Upper and the Lower lakes carving up the city, with its splashy infrastructure, wide roads, and pompous mosques, here are the best places to visit in Bhopal for couples! The hustling bazaars, the snaking alleys, the rustic mosques, and the well- crafted Havelis, Bhopal welcomes its tourists with tons of checkboxes on their list. Bhopal, despite popular for its catastrophic accident of the Bhopal gas tragedy, has come up with some great places and some great memories to are tourists.
Earlier we had given you a glimpse of places to visit in Indore, another city in Madhya Pradesh. Today we are here to show you some amazing places to visit in Bhopal especially for couples. So what are you waiting for? Have a look!
Best places to visit in Bhopal for Couples
- The Great Stupa- Buddhist pilgrimage!
One of the ancient stone structures in India, the Buddhist monuments of Sanchi is designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.Put up by Emperor Ashoka of the Mauryan Dynasty, the Great Stupa is known for the graceful sculptures and magnificent monuments present there. The place serves as the holy burial ground for the remains of Lord Buddha. Pilgrims around the world visit this sacred place.
Major attractions-The monasteries, the ornate gateways with fine carvings, and the Ashoka Pillar make this place hold an important place in the rich Buddhist culture.
- Shaukat Mahal- A wedding gift this beautiful place!
Want a place to visit with your better half which easily shows the power of love? Visit Shaukat Mahal. This place speaks about the heritage of Bhopal with its beautiful architecture and is significant because it was constructed in the 19th century and was gifted to the first female rule of Bhopal, Sikander Jahan Begum.
Major attractions-This place is different from other places to visit in Bhopal for couples because of its unique architecture and provides a blend of the European and Indo- Islamic styles.
Timings to visit Shaukat Mahal-7:00 am – 7:00 pm (1st Apr to 30th Sep) & 7:00 am – 6:00 pm (1st Oct to 31st Mar)
- Van Vihar National Park- A full package for the environment!
This establishment in Bhopal serves as the combination of Zoological garden, National Park, and Rescue center for wildlife. Not only this, but it also serves as a Conservation Breeding Centre for species like Vulture, Tiger, and barasingha. This rescue center harbors many wild animals like rescued Sloth Bears, Panthers, the Asiatic Lions, and Tigers rescued from the circuses. Also, it is among the places to visit in Bhopal for couples if they want to spend together in the beauty of nature.
Major attractions-Spot a vast number of animals here at Van Vihar, ranging from Panthers to sloth bears, to White tigers, Bulbul, Kingfisher, and many other animals. It is the full proof package for the animals as a breeding center and also a rescue center for many animals like the Royal Bengal Tiger.
Van Vihar Entry fees-
1 person on Cycle/ on Foot – INR20
2 persons on two-wheeler – INR60
4 persons on Auto rickshaw – INR120
Light vehicles/ Cars (Maximum 8 persons) – INR250
- City Mall- Shop till you drop!
Love taking souvenirs from all your trips? Rush to DB City Mall- the perfect place for all the shoppers in Bhopal. Being the key place for many important promotional events in Bhopal, you can find famous international outlets here. It is time to take a break and loosen your wallets at this mall.
Major attractions-A six-screens multiplex! Don’t miss the First day, Last show of your much-awaited movie on your trip. Go to DB City Mall and enjoy the bunch of activities at the Gaming zone, entertainment area, and lush over the food.
- Upper and Lower Lakes- Meet your peace of mind!
Bhopal offers you the chance to stay close to the serenity of the lakes and meet your peace of mind. Enjoy the evenings boating at the lakeside. This place is perfect and amongst the best places to visit in Bhopal for couples. Lying on the west of Bhopal, Upper Lake- popularly known as the Bhojtal, is the oldest human-made lake in the country. The lake is the primary source of potable water for the locals out there. The Lower Lake or the ChhotaTalab built-in 1794 celebrates the beauty of the city and is a must-visit place in Bhopal. An overbridge called PulPukhta separates the Upper and the Lower Lakes.
Major attractions-Upper Lake is a significant place in Bhopal which provides you the calm and breeze, and deeply soothes your soul. The view on the lake is spectacular with a pillar on one corner of the lake, with the statue of Raja Bhoj.
- 45 mins Cruise ride– INR100 per person
- Motor Boat –INR240 per person
- Paddle Boat– INR80 per person
Timings to visit Upper lake- 6:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday- Sunday
Timings to visit Lower lake-9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday- Sunday
It’s time to try the Food Famous in Bhopal !
- Bhopali Poha– Try this famous dish of Bhopal and satisfy your taste buds with the freshness and hot spicy taste of BhopaliPoha. It is not your regular breakfast Poha. This is garnished with crispy sev and also served with sizzling hot jalebis. This combination of Poha and Jalebi Bhopal style is worth the try.
- Soup on two wheels– This is surely a rags-to-riches kinda story. This famous Cycle Soupwala serves you a delicious variety of soup, from tomato to sweet corn to even manchow, satisfying your hunger pangs. The soup stall owner has now set a chain of eateries in Bhopal, serving everything from sandwiches, dosas, to chole kulcha.
- Bafla– Dunked in ghee, this wheat cake made of Maida or refined flour is the ideal dish to take along with a bowl of thick buttery Dal.
- Seekh Kebab– Lush over the juicy Seekh kebabs, a great contribution by the Muslim era. This simple dish is super easy to make and sway your taste buds.
- Paan– Dil se Indian? End your meal in style with the most famous Paan in Bhopal. Famous all over the country, Bhopal paan is not the thing you can afford to miss. Loved all over the country, it is unique and melts in your mouth, doing justice to all the flavours. Made from betel nut and stuffed with chuna, supari, gulkand, and kattha. Paan-making is a part of the local culture and considered an art in Bhopal. Adding to its taste, it also serves as a mouth freshener.
Pack your bags and visit the City of Lakes- Bhopal. Yes, you cannot afford to miss the peaceful and calm experience at the lakeside of the Upper and Lower lakes. Enjoy boating at some cheap rates. Take a day off from daily lives and feel closer to the wild animals, conserved and rescued at the multifunctional Van Vihar National Park for as low as INR20, and take a ride super comforting to you. From places like the Great stupa or the Shaukat Mahal, there are some of the best places to visit in Bhopal for couples. Bhopal does not give any of its tourists a chance to think twice to visit this lovely city. For all the shopaholics out there, the DB city mall is the perfect place to go. Bhopal gives you a wide variety of food from BhopaliPoha with crispy jalebis to Bafla, or the lovely paan to gush over after the meals.