Andaman and Nicobar Islands falls in the category of Union Territories of India. They are one of the major tourist magnets, pulling the crowd of all types. This place is a perfect getaway for day to day routine into the exclusive peace of beaches, water sports, and romantic destinations. This place is good for family visits. There are many sights – seeing experiences that lure people to this location in amazement.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are situated in close proximity to the Bay of Bengal. Most portion of the Andaman and Nicobar islands is covered in India, whereas a part of it falls in the Myanmar area. It is in the Indian ocean. Although Andaman and Nicobar Islands are talked as a unit, Andaman Islands are a little better in terms of connectivity.
Some must-visit beaches for honeymooners in Andaman and Nicobar:
- Radhanagar Beach: The Havelock Islands are famous for Radhanagar beach. It is among the most beautiful beaches in Asia. It has been rated as the best beach by Times Magazine in the year 2004. This beach has beautiful blue waters with minimal waves. It is a really serene and soothing place. This beach is also one of the best places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands for honeymoon. The beach is less crowded, giving the couple their personal space.
- Bharatpur beach: This is one of the most relaxing beaches in the Andaman. This place has the perfect sight to enjoy. The corals are visible in the waters nearby. The beach provides a very beautiful environment. The whole place is photogenic and best for getting honeymoon pictures. There are aquatic animals in the water that can entertain a nature lover. There are boats with glass bottoms, running in the sea, giving a magnificent view of the corals.
- Ramnagar Beach: the honeymooners staying on Neil Islands can take a morning walk watching the sunrise on this alluring beach. The Ramnagar beach is hardly ever crowded. This is a perfect place for spending some personal quality time for the honeymooners. It is a must-visit place in Andaman for honeymooners. The water current is high; therefore, it is recommended to avoid close contact with water.
- Amkunj beach: The clear blue water and less population, exactly what honeymooners want. The northern side of this beach is rocky but a peaceful location. This site is mostly unexplored, leaving a lot of space and privacy to the newly wedded couple. It is a must place to visit in Andaman by honeymooners.
Places best for sightseeing in Andaman and Nicobar:
- Port Blair: Port Blair is one of the major centers in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as all the ferries are transported via this spot. The Port Blair is also prominently famous for cellular prison. This is an architecture built to keep the prisoners in earlier times. The prisons are remarkably famous as they are associated with freedom fighters. They are built in such a way that the cells only face each other’s backside. It is one of the popular sightseeing places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar.
- Barren Island Volcano: An individual who is a fan of bravery and mystery, this place is the best sightseeing location to visit in Andaman and Nicobar. The Barren island, as its name suggests, is a vacant island. The tourists are not allowed there. However, permission from the forest department can allow a boat trip to neat the volcano. This is the one and only active volcano in India. It has irregular intervals of lava eruption. This is why it is usually viewed from the seashore, about half kilometers away.
- Parrot island: The most breath-taking location in the Bartang islands is the Parrot island. This is the place where parrots flock around in groups. One of the most alluring and explicit views. This is an indescribably beautiful experience. It will leave you in a forever memory of its beauty. It surely is one of the best places to visit in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Chidia Tapu: The Chidia Tapu, also known as Sparrow Island, is a bird watching the sight. This place is the proximity of Port Blair. It also allows visitors with various fun water activities. It is the best place for nature lovers. The birds flock around here, providing a brilliant gazing environment. The land is covered with Mangroves.
Water Activities in Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Scuba Diving: Scuba diving is richly valued in Andaman and Nicobar islands. One of the best places for the activity is the Havelock Island. The clear and beautiful blue waters of Havelock Island contain many corals and wildlife to be explored underwater. There are many scuba diving instructors present. This is cheap as compared to other locations providing the same sport. Scuba diving is said to be one of the most beautiful experiences underwater. There are many other islands in Andaman and Nicobar as well, which allows scuba diving.
- Snorkeling: Afraid of Scuba Diving? Try snorkeling! This activity is for the people to enjoy as much underwater view and experience they can, without the need of oxygen cylinders or any other heavy equipment and techniques. Snorkeling basically requires water eyeglasses and long tubes that help a person stay underwater but near a stable surface. This needs minimal training. North Bay Island, Jolly Buoy Island, Havelock Island, Long Island, Andaman Water Sports Complex, Neill Island provides the Snorkelling services.
- Rajiv Gandhi water sports complex: The Rajiv Gandhi sports complex is a fine place to enjoy various water sports. It includes rafting, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, paddle boating, banana boating, parasailing, and so on. This place is like a water part filled with so many adventures. It is one of the best places to visit in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands for water sports.
- Saddle Peak National Park: This picture-perfect place can also fall in the category of best places to visit in the Andaman and Nicobar islands for sightseeing. This place has an observable natural habitat for animals and plants. This place is a wonderful site for activities such as trekking. The park has an 8km long path to cover. Even walking turns out to be a great activity amidst the beautiful white sand and the stillness of this beautiful location.
Andaman and Nicobar islands are perfect for a great trip with so many fun activities and beautiful views. It is a full package deal with so much to offer. Every water baby and nature lover should put Andaman and Nicobar islands directly at the top of their list of best places to visit.
People Are Also Reading:-