Here is what you need to know about Incredible India-
India– the second most populated country in South Asia, one of the oldest civilizations in the world, the land that provides you several multicultural experiences, and most importantly, the country popular for its traditions and rich culture throughout the world. With the great Himalayan range in the North to the flickering coastline of the Indian Ocean in the South, with the Gulf of Kutch in the West and the shorelines of the Bay of Bengal in the East, the best places to visit in India with family are not getting off your checklist so easily. With numerous forts and archaeological beauty, India is blessed with many UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The glorious beauty of the shores and some of the best beaches to walk by, India is nonetheless giving you the best experiences of a lifetime.
Visit India and see what you have been missing out on life!
What is India famous for? It is just a five-word question with an unending answer. India is famous, or more appropriately known, not only for its popular things, places, sayings, culture, heritage, etc. but also for the ones that are not known enough. India is filled with lots and lots of experiences at every blink of an eye, at your every glance, with your every step and with your every breath. There are endless places to visit in India. We have previously discussed many beautiful cities, states and districts of India. Among the best places to visit in Bangalore, Chennai, Kurnool, Rajasthan and a lot more, here are a few top places in India to visit with your family and kids.
Take a trip to the best places to visit in India with family!
Some people come to India as tourists and many more come as pilgrims. Set yourself loose and dive into the enticing experiences with a variety of places on your trip to India. From several temples to the beautiful archaeological sites, to the snow-covered mountains, to the sandy beaches, too many World heritage sites, India is your perfect place for your next vacation with your family.
Best beaches to visit in India
With most of the country surrounded by blue waters, there are some great beaches to visit with your family and build sandcastles with your children. Some of the best beaches you can visit are:
- Tarkali, Maharashtra– This beach is popular for some good coral reefs on the mainland of India. Cycle around or walk around this beach and get the perfect vibes of the setting sun and try your hand at Scuba Diving and Snorkeling.
- Kovalam, Kerala– Not far from Trivandrum, this beach and the lighthouse atop this beach gives you some jaw-dropping views and is among the top places to visit in India with family.
- Arambol, Goa– This sleepy fishing village turned to the trendy beach gives you the perfect holiday vibes with an amazing atmosphere created with live music and jam sessions with lots of other artists showing their talents to the crowd.
- Gokarna, Karnataka– Ride a camel along the sea, take lessons for water sports, enjoy hiking at the rocky terrain, and a lot of other activities at this beach.
Best forts and palaces to visit in India
The country is blessed with regal lineage and rich heritage. The forts and palaces with their iconic sculptures, and commendable artwork. The forts and palaces are counted amongst the best places to visit in India with family.
- Jaisalmer Fort, Rajasthan– Built from yellow sandstone, situated in the middle of Thar Desert, this fort is a must-visit on your tour to India. Enjoy the Thar ecosystem and experience a researcher’s delight at the Akal Wood Fossil Park.
- The City Palace, Udaipur– This architectural marvel with its ornate towers, arched doorways, cupolas, and protruding balconies counts it amongst the best places to visit in India with your family. Experience the rich blend of European, Mughal, Rajasthani, and oriental architecture styles with a maze of pavilions, courtyards, terraces, corridors, and hanging gardens. This huge and beautiful palace is built throughout in granite and marble. The large gates of the palace are known as ‘pols’ with the main gate being called the Bara Pol.
- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan– At 3600 ft., this fort sits on a high mountain ridge and is said to have the second-longest wall in the world. This fort is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and stands strong in the Aravalli Hills. Along with the attractive architecture all around, this fort has a good number of 360 temples of the Hindu and Jain communities.
- Agra Fort, Agra–This masterpiece of design, planning, and construction is a marvellous piece and an ode to the Mughal Empire. This fortress is shaped like a crescent with its eastern wall bounded by River Yamuna. Mark your visit to Agra Fort and also visit the Taj Mahal, one of the world’s seven wonders. Among the best places to visit in India with family, this fort is worth visiting.
Best places for adventure sports
India does not stay behind in giving the adventure junkies out there the time of their life. With mountains as high as Kanchenjunga and with rivers as deep as the Brahmaputra, India has a lot in store from sky to deep underground to try your hands at the adventurous and fun sports.
- Adventures on land– Experience mountaineering- one of the major land-based adventure activities at various locations in the country. The options are not ending your desire to try your hand at mountaineering at the Beas Kund trail near Manali, or the GaumukhTapovan trek, or the Har-ki-Doon trek, or Ladakh’s Markha Valley trek and plenty of other options.
- Adventures in the sky–Paraglide over the spectacular landscapes and explore nature’s bounty laid out beneath you. Feel like a bird. Enjoy your wings and feel free as you are high up there. The great spots for paragliding are- the Nandi Hills, about 70 km from Bengaluru, Karnataka, and enjoy the picturesque mountain views. Try your hand at some adventurous places to visit in India with the family-like Bir Billing in Himachal Pradesh, or Solang Valley in Manali, or near the Pawana Dam, in Maharashtra. Also enjoy Sky Diving in Gujarat and Mysore, and Hot air ballooning in Jaipur.
- Adventures in water-Experience some great adventures in the wild running rivers and engage in activities like River rafting with Rishikesh, Kullu Manali being the most famous spots for it. Enjoy Scuba diving and explore life underwater at Dwarka, Gujarat, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Goa. Enjoy Surfing at Gokarna and Varkala beaches and have a lot of fun while house boating in Kerala, Guwahati, and Kochi.
Best places to peace out your minds
Apart from the adventure thrills, the scenic beauty, and other ways to sway your hearts off, India has got tons of spiritual places to calm your minds and give you the spiritual spree you want to have all along. You will never run out of the spiritual options amongst the best places to visit in India with family.
- Hinduism-Many Hindus believe in visiting the four pilgrimages at least once in your life, popularly called the char dhams– Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. Also, other holy places of great beliefs and devotions are Dwarka, Gujarat, Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu, and many streams and rivers are highly venerated. The seven holy cities of great belief in Hinduism are Haridwar, Varanasi, Mathura, Ayodhya, Ujjain, Dwarka, and Kanchipuram.
- Islam- India boasts some of the majestic mosques and Dargahs echoing with spiritual fervour like the Jama Masjid in Delhi, HazratbalShrine in Jammu, Ajmer Sharif in Rajasthan, Fatehpur Sikri in Agra, and the HazratNizammudinDargah.
- Sikhism– The land of Guru Nanak Dev ji, India is the place where the great Sikh guru preached his followers and spread the word of humanity and kindness in mankind. Some places important to the Sikhs are the Golden Temple in Amritsar which is among the best places to visit in India with family, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in Delhi, and Patna Sahib in Bihar. Pilgrims from all over the world visit here and take the blessings of the Guru Granth Sahib.
- Christianity– The country of diverse beliefs, India is home to a large number of churches and prayer houses that invite devotees from all over the world. Some of the most revered churches in the country include the Basilica of Bom Jesus in Old Goa, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church in Panaji, San Thomas Basilica, in Chennai, Santa Cruz Basilica, in Kochi, and the Armenian Church in Kolkata. Santa Cruz Basilica is also in the list of best places to visit in Kochi.
India is a diverse country with contrasts and differences from region to region with the appealing landscapes – be it the sun-drenched charismatic desert dunes of Rajasthan that take you back to the times of royals or the icy cold deserts of Leh that call to the soul-searcher in you. With its scenic beauty at par, there are plenty of best places to visit in India with family.
Starting from the snowy Himalayas in the North, following your way down through the deserts of Rajasthan, crossing the lush green forests of Madhya Pradesh, and flowing along with the expansive backwaters of Kerala, your trip to India will be full of serene plains and adventurous highlands. India is a country, not only with diverse flora and fauna but also with plenty of diverse beliefs, housing people of all religions under the same sky, this secular country celebrates every festival with the same enthusiasm and fervour. So, planning your next family vacation? Come and stop by the variety of places in India and gush over the authentic food along with its rich culture and heritage at every site.